And then I filmed a bunch of shit at home, and called for audio contributions from some of my international friends, and downloaded some stock footage. And set it to 'Tomorrow's Money' by MCR.
And, well. It's utterly stupid, but. Enjoy? :D?
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS ON MY FLIST!
My mom is a badass fucking lady. She hates it when I swear, but this is a thing that must be emphasized. She's like Molly Weasley in a fight (NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU - ), spent a few years doing awesome things like walking barefoot and going to marching protests, got a black belt in iaido when living in Japan, and just generally a new age hippy-that-never-was. She kept her own last name when she got married, and passed it on to me. She spent years with an IMPEACH BUSH sign on our front lawn and still has a poster on the door that reads, 'The America I Believe in Does Not Torture People.' She drove me to skating for years on end, makes all of my performance costumes, watches Supernatural with me (covering her eyes AND MINE when it gets gory) and might be quietly plotting to take over the world, but I'm not sure.
( MY MOM, YOU GUYSCollapse )
( MTE on Teen WolfCollapse )
I have known acern since we were both three years old, but only manage to see her about once per year and have as of yet never managed to have so much as a beer with her. This summer we are going to camp out, drink a ridiculous amount of jagerbombs, and then watch all of Teen Wolf, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Avengers back to back.
2) Misha Collins has officially commented on the misogyny in Supernatural. Thank you. I love you.
3) I want to do sinful things to Dylan O'Brien's face. Like, it's super annoying, because my celebrity crushes have always been supremely beyond my grasp, or old, or gay, so I never gave three fucks - but his being around my age and on a ridiculous if popular MTV show makes him seem reachable. As if I could actually ask him to have a beer with me.
It pisses me off. Especially since he has a very pretty girlfriend. EVEN THE REACHABLE ONES HAVE VERY PRETTY GIRLFRIENDS. WHAT EVEN IS THAT ABOUT.
4) I had a lovely conversation with syrraki today about our old friend Phil, who we met on campus during our time abroad in Japan. Phil was the type of student who knew and ran everything about everything, and had secured a place in administration by the time we left.
syrraki: you know phil sometimes posts on fb about 'taking a break' and i'm like lol yeah take a break from running japan, you deserve it, dude.
rosalui: We predicted early on that Phil would conquer Japan and rule it with an iron yet beneficent fist. We were correct.
syrraki: you realise that means that the coup where we overthrow the government and take back imperial rule together… means we will have to overthrow Phil too?
rosalui: No, Phil is on our side. We are going to be routing the evil powers that surr
syrraki: the coup… where we seize power and begin a golden age of melon pop and dressing gowns.
5) I miss the shape I was in when I was... about sixteen. I went from organic health food while skating four times per week and dancing three, to four years of sitting in front of my laptop and eating instant noodles at college. So I went from having all my splits and actually a lot of leg muscle to just general doughyness, and I'm always stiff and things that used to be easy in dance leave me wobbly and gasping, and when I went for a mandatory checkup at the clinic a few weeks back, with my coat and boots on I apparently weigh about 10 pounds more than what my steady weight was for the last ten years, which IDGAF except DOUGHYNESS and IT MAKES DANCE WEIRD, BLAHHHH.
6) One of these days I will make a post on everything that was wrong with the Harry Potter movies. But since it will be about 9837259865974 pages long, I'm a bit tentative to start.
- Listening To:"The Throne is Mine" - Ramin Djimaldi
I used to feel really awkward about Daenerys and the whole White Savior thing she had going on, along with the whole Going to Reclaim a Throne I've Never Seen and Rule Over People Who Don't Know I Exist thing. But her decisions - even, maybe especially, her well-intentioned ones - have massive consequences, and she keeps getting progressively more badass, so I like her now almost as much as Arya and Tyrion. And kind of want to worship at her feet.
I also am hating some of the others slightly less than before. Some. Slightly. My hate scale kind of goes Jaime > Cersei > Theon > Littlefinger > Ann Coulter > Joffrey Baratheon.
2) I got all my paperwork for the JET Program in on time, I think. Which means holy fucking shit, I will probably have an actual full-time job in Japan! o_o
3) Misha Collins has apparently met both Nathan Fillion (oh yeah, I finally watched and fell in love with Firefly) and John Barrowman. I expect either a plot to take over the world, or porn. Or both simultaneously. In space. Or Stonehenge. Or Stonehenge in space.
This distracts me from what's going on in Supernatural, which aside from specific episodes (Charlie! Awesome stable hand lady!) makes me want to strangle the entire production/writing team. And then make them hire Jane Espenson or something.
4) I hear Iron Man 3 is actually really good! This is a massive relief to me. I'm hoping to see it this weekend!
5) I'm maybe kind of into Teen Wolf. God damn you, atanih88.
6) The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary is coming up! And they're filming! And this is making me cry and scream! I've caught up on the new season, and I like it pretty well - absolutely loved the episode last week with the 'ghost.' Clara is... good, but nothing out of the ordinary to me. I like her, I do, but. She's sort of another young white Brit and we've had a million of those (at least Amy was redheaded and Scottish, which sounds dumb but it was... something newish) and I wish we could have an alien or a dude or a WoC or I DON'T KNOW?
7) I'm working on getting together all the videos and photos from my trek around Britain! :D Which was more amazing than my words can explain, and I feel blessed and honored by it far beyond what I feel I could ever have expected. ;_;
8) Until then, I'm editing together footage of our trip to make it look like there was a zombie apocalypse. >.>; If you have an English accent and feel like pretending to be a newscaster for me, please let me know. >.>;
9) HOW IS EVERYONE? :D
- Currently Nesting:Home
- Listening To:"The Unsullied" - Ramin Djimaldi
Congratulations! It is our great pleasure to inform you that you have successfully passed the second stage of the screening process and are now on the final short-list of ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) candidates for the 2013 JET Program. You are now scheduled for placement in a Contracting Organization, which is possible in almost all cases.
So I'm having an awesome time staying in London with atanih88, who is amazing and wonderful.
The only bad thing thus far is that today I got on the bus to do a bit of tourism and got kind of a bit racially profiled, and a policewoman thought I might have been a terrorist.
So that's a new and exciting thing.
Except I made the mistake of checking my mail first and, well, My Chemical Romance has broken up. I have not got my feelings sorted out, so I will try to enumerate everything in 10 points.
1) When I was 14 years old and heard them on the radio for the first time (I'm Not Okay), I thought they were Coheed and Cambria.
2) When I saw them on Fuse not long after (Helena) I thought they were scary.
3) I kind of put them on a pedestal a lot. After they stopped scaring me.
4) I was a timid, awkward, unconfident, scared little girl. They were loud, angry, and fucking unapologetic, they protested, they raged, they ranted, they got shat on and fought back, they let the bad fuel their art and their determination and I learned that from them, all of that, from them.
5) When I was sixteen and family members were falling into comas and dying, and then getting cancer and dying, and then getting more cancer and dying and everyone was just fucking dead and the smell of hand sanitizer made me vomit because it meant hospitals and death and bed sores and chemo and everyone left alive was stabbing each other in the fucking back and I was so goddamn terrified of the world and everyone I thought I'd grown up loving and trusting (save my mom) was gone in one way or another... I had a new album in my hand. It was called The Black Parade, and it was about family, and death, and betrayal, and most of all, picking up the bits of your life and deciding to make something of yourself and never looking back and never stop running. So I did.
6) When Danger Days came out and they called for fan 'Videos from the Zones,' I stayed up all night with syrraki, walking for hours through Japanese rice fields, freezing and sweating our asses off in the 5 AM sunlight, wearing stupid roller derby costumes with ears on to get the perfect footage.
7) Gerard retweeted that shit.
8) I heard things, read things, that made me disenchanted with them at times. I grew up a lot. I started looking at life in perspective, and stopped putting people on those pedestals.
9) I made a fan video for Kids From Yesterday and it put me through my last semester of college. This enabled me to graduate. Which enabled me to apply for jobs only available to graduates. I owe my tuition, my diploma, and my future career to My Chemical Romance. Literally. Literally.
10) I am managing to be rather calm about this with my MCR friends. With my IRL friends, I plan to be getting drunk and sobbing like a stupid idiotic hysterical howler monkey.
PS: IT COULD STILL BE THE LOSTPROPHETS, GUYS.
PPS: Okay, so I kind of wish I'd gotten to see them play 'c'mon, c'mon, lick my battery' live.
I'm flying into London, spending the day with M and my friend Rose from HKU and then staying at atanih88's house. The next morning I'm taking the train to meet syrraki, because she is getting freaking married and I'm going to be at her wedding and kgbewkjgbwjk, and then staying with her friends in Birmingham for five days. The lovely x_dark_siren_x is taking the bus down and we will be tramping about the countryside like pagans for a bit, until I head back to London and stay with my friend Kev from HKU and Hina some more.
On April 1st, paranye - my companion and host in my various Irish adventures - and my friend Amanda from NY are ferrying/flying in, and we're taking an eight day BritRail trip through Wales, Bath, Salisbury, Dorset, and Cornwall. We're going to backpack until we camp, couchsurf, and take refuge in various youth hostels.
I'm kind of speechless. This is literally something I have been dreaming about for years, and I can't believe it's actually happening. I think about it and I start to cry. I don't understand how I've been this blessed and this lucky, but I'm not going to take a single second of it for granted.
So thanks, mommy, for telling me to do this while I have the chance and raising me to live on a shoestring; thanks to all the great people I'm going to meet along the way; and thanks a bazillion times over to my friends, without whom this would not be possible.
PS: My goal is to find Merlin.