but once more and with feeling
burn in hell.
(idk if anyone remembers but you know how i went to Warped Tour for the first time ever this year? yeah, it was Lostprophets i was mostly there to see. if you look back at my post - yep, i quite enjoyed meeting him. older friends of mine, remember that Naruto fic i crossed over with American Idol? yeah i'll be needing to edit that, since Sasuke was singing like two of his songs.)
to all the children who suffered while his fans adored him - i do not even have words.
So I finally watched the Doctor Who special. If you loved it - I'm so happy for you! I do not want to harsh anyone's squee, and the 50th and everything it entails is hugely emotional and momentous for all of us. \o/
....I really, really apologize to everyone who loved it because... I did not. I am usually not the wet blanket when it comes to fan squee, but. I have never been so unenthused about Who in my life. ;_; Most of these opinions are highly subjective and emotional, so I feel less THIS WAS BAD than I do THIS DIDN'T WORK FOR ME (with essentially one exception). I don't know how to put my feelings into anything resembling coherent thought, so I'm just going to post essentially what I liveblogged while watching it for the first time.
( Cut for RantingCollapse )
My comp is a MacBook 2008 (yeah, old) if that helps.
I'm going to post all of my photos and videos and stories and anecdotes soon, but until then I'll do my best to sum up! For anyone interested, I do keep up pretty regularly with my Tumblr. There's not much personal stuff there, but a good deal of fannish stuff and social ranting, and such similar proof that I am still alive. :3
1) My favorite grammar mistake that a student has made thus far remains, "We ate rice and grandma and others."
2) I find myself startlingly fond of my students. I know less than half their names, but I would punch someone in the face for my kids. They are adorable and amazing and whether they're drawing pictures of me in their English homework notebooks or tearing a face in their bread at lunchtime and making it talk in a high-pitched voice to their friends, I adore them.
3) I'm still really confused about professional boundaries at the workplace. There is a strict formal business hierarchy, but then everyone wears slippers or clogs or gym shoes with their suits and the vice-principal mows the lawn and everyone brushes their teeth while sitting at their desks talking to each other.
4) My island is beautiful.
5) I'm buying a car this week! I found one for extremely cheap, and they're letting me pay in monthly increments.
5.5) I CAN DRIVE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD GKEBKEJBGKBE
6) My neighbors are all teachers. My one English teacher, Eto-sensei, has three little girls. They are so cute they make me want to cry and punch things. ;__________;
7) I've spent every free moment scrubbing and decorating my house. I'm slowly falling in love with it. I re-painted my walls and painted myself some curtains and sewed some other curtains and painted a few Game of Thrones banners and now it feels like home.
8) I HAVE MY OWN HOUSE, MY VERY OWN PRIVATE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!
9) I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB AND I CAN BUY ANY FOOD THAT I WANT TO BUY AT ALL I DON'T HAVE TO CALCULATE AND THEN BUY THE LOWEST PRICED JUNK POSSIBLE
10) I send money to my mom every month and it is the most amazing thing I've ever felt in my life.
11) I've spent some of the past weekends traveling with my friends. My favorite destination so far has been neighboring island Yakushima, which is a world heritage site and has the biggest, oldest cedar tree in the world. It was the inspiration for Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke and there are monkeys and mountains and beaches everywhere.
12) I just bought tickets to Vietnam for Christmas vacation.
13) Everything is awesome except the GODDAMN SPIDERS HERE YOU GUYS DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND, YOU HAVE NOT FELT SOUL-CLENCHING TERROR AS I HAVE OH GOD THERE WERE TWO OF THEM IN MY TUB AND THEY WERE THE SIZE OF MY HAND AND I HAD A LITERAL PANIC ATTACK KJGEBGJKE ;_________;
14) I threw a massive Halloween party last night. We had caramel apples and pumpkin carving and apple bobbing for my neighbor kids, and then they left and the adults all got completely fucking trashed. :D
15) I've gotten into Harry Potter all over again. It's pretty hardcore. Also, I'm super excited for The Winter Soldier.
15.5) I miss you all a great deal. Please tell me everything I've missed that's going on with your lives, and the world at large. <3
( Adam Lambert, Alexander the Great, Dance, Figure Skating, My Chemical Romance, and PETACollapse )
2) I want a new funny zombie apocalypse movie.
The movie trailer can open with fuzzy news footage and an ominous voiceover about how the contagion has spread, loved ones are dying, and we need to protect them and ourselves! There is a scene from a man’s point of view! His wife is doing the washing up, looking behind her, screaming! The zombie leaps on her from through the window! It will be her tragic end and what fuels him through the apocalypse!
Except she beats it the fuck down and then the man gets his head ripped off by the zombie hiding in the dishwasher.
“Aww, shit,” says the blood splattered wife.
Que the rest of the trailer starring Lucy Lawless, Gina Torres, Michelle Rodriguez, Katee Sackhoff, Lena Headey, and Melissa McCarthy. Guest appearances by Helen Mirren, whoever the fuck played Ellen on Supernatural, and Emma Stone, if she wants to redo the whole genre thing.
All their families die or some shit – or maybe one is trying to find her family, and one has always been alone, and one finds a guy played by Sam Rockwell along the way, and two find EACH OTHER along the way, and one has a kid played by Maisie Williams IDK – and it’s a big murder spree roadtrip where they end holed up in an old barn, defending it with seige tactics.
I want that.
....I’m getting the urge to make a fake trailer. Shit.
[EDIT:] Aww, fuck, what did I just do. /o\
Either everyone else in the Board of Education has a normal chair, or they are possessed of some congenital ability to move with the weight of a powder puff. Like an elf, or a ninja.
In the quiet of the office there is a shuffling of papers, a cough, an answer to a phone call.
All is silent.
My chair squeaks.
Nay, it erupts, fracturing the silence like Vesuvius in the quiet of Pompeii.
Silence again until, butt numb from sitting and back starting to ache, I deign to move once more.
My chair squeaks.
I have insulted the emperor; I have brought shame upon everyone’s mother; I have shit in the milk.
Quietly I subside, mortified and wide-eyed.
My coworkers carry stoically on.
2) I have also written a rant on why the recent flashback episode of Teen Wolf ruined everything, for those who are as entangled in this stupid show as I am. >.>;
( RAGECollapse )
3) The movie The Heat was so completely amazing that I don’t even have the capacity to articulate it. I pissed myself laughing the whole way through, and by the end was nearly crying with joy.
( THIS IS WHYCollapse )
4) ....Can I blame this post on lingering jetlag? >.>;
OH CHRIST I'M CRYING AND I HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT YET
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
WHY DO I NEVER GET TOLD ANYTHING
PS: IT IS NOW MY HEADCANON THAT JAMES WANTED TO NAME HARRY "ELVENDORK" BYE
So here's the dealio. I need your help. ;_; I figure that if I make a ridiculous post about it all, I will at the very least be able to progress to... being able to look at photos of spiders on my computer screen without flinching? IF YOU LIKE SPIDERS, PLEASE TELL ME WHY I SHOULD LIKE THEM TOO! IF YOU HATE SPIDERS, PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU DEAL WITH THEM, AND THEN JOIN ME HERE IN MY PUDDLE OF TEARS! DO YOU HAVE PICTURES FROM MOVIES OF PEOPLE KILLING SPIDERS? PICTURES FROM MOVIES WHERE THE SPIDERS WERE FRIENDLY? ANYTHING TO HELP ME FEEL CAPABLE OF KILLING AND/OR HAPPILY COEXISTING PEACEFULLY WITH THESE VICIOUS HELLBEASTS?
TO START US OFF I HAVE PREPARED A SMALL YET HELPFUL PICSPAM.
( PICSPAMCollapse )